Urras an Taobh Sear – Staffin Community Trust was set up to represent everybody who lives within the community of Staffin and to develop projects which are beneficial to the social and economic welfare of the district.
At present SCT is delighted to have more than 100 people now registered as members and would like to grow that as much as we can. SCT would like to have as many Staffin people, or those with strong links to the district, join as members as possible – and it is very straightforward.
A member requires to support the work of the SCT in principle but does not require to attend monthly meetings unless they serve as a director on the board. A member must be resident in the district of Staffin or have strong links with the community. Members will have a right to vote at the AGM if so desired, and future board members can only be drawn from the membership. If for any reason SCT encounters bankruptcy, then each member will be liable for the maximum sum of £1.
Staffin Community Trust Limited is a company limited by guarantee and, in the event of the company being wound up while you are a member – or within one year thereafter – you would agree to contribute no more than £1 sterling, if required.
If anybody would like to join the SCT as a member please contact email@example.com or phone the office on 01470 562 464.
Staffin Community Trust was granted charitable status in 2019 by the national charity regulator, OSCR.
SCT’s charitable purposes are:
- the advancement of education
- the advancement of citizenship or community development
- the provision of recreational facilities, or the organisation of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for the persons
- the advancement of environmental protection or improvement
SCT’s Charitable activities are:
- To provide, or assist in providing, recreational facilities, and/or organising recreational activities, which will be available to members of the Community and public at large with the object of improving the conditions of life of the Community.
- To advance community development, including urban or rural regeneration within the Community.
- To advance the education of the Community about its environment, culture, heritage
Donations to Staffin Community Trust are vital in helping it progress and deliver projects. Any support no matter how small or large, is very gratefully received and will always be acknowledged by the board of directors.
Please email us here to make your donation or to receive information on how best to do this.